The terms and conditions set out below shall be the basis of all Contracts of Hire with High-Tek Hire Services which shall be concluded by a Rental Agreement form by any person, persons or body corporate and the handing over of goods by High-Tek Hire Services on the basis of such Rental Agreement.
In these terms and conditions High-Tek Hire means High-Tek Hire Services limited whose principal place of business is Office Supply, 2 Red Cottage, Hurn, BH23 6AE.
The hirer shall mean any person, persons or body corporate entering into a rental agreement with High-Tek Hire Services Ltd for the hire of goods and equipment. “Goods and equipment” referred to in “The terms and conditions” refer to those set out below and shall be the sole conditions of any contract with High-Tek Hire Services subject to any addition or amendment which shall be in writing and signed by a Director of High-Tek Hire Services.
How to contact High-Tek Hire Services:
The Period of Hire:
1. The period of hire shall commence with the hirer taking possession of the equipment (whether or not such receipt shall have been from High-Tek Hire Services) and shall terminate when equipment is returned.
2. Where equipment is delivered or collected by hirer, hirer’s servant or agents such delivery or collection is at the hirer’s risk and expense and the hirer shall be liable for physical loss and damage and delay to the equipment from the time the equipment leaves High-Tek Hire Services premises until it is returned to High-Tek Hire Services premises whether or not the equipment is being delivered or collected by High-Tek Hire Services or is in the custody of High-Tek Hire Services, it’s directors, servants or agents.
3. The hirer will provide adequate and appropriate insurance to cover the full, new for old replacement cost of the equipment.
4. The hirer must collect the equipment between 09:00hrs and end of business on the agreed on hire date and return the equipment at start of business on the agreed off hire date if hirer selected collection and drop off.
5. The minimum hire period for all products is 7 days, returning a product before the end of hire date will not affect the hire cost of the product. Hire is charged on a weekly basis. If the off-hire date overruns the agreed date a daily hire fee will charged.
6. Where hire of the Hire Goods is to a Customer who is an individual, unincorporated entity or a two or three partner business, and the hire would be covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the duration of the Hire Period shall not exceed 3 months, after which time the Contract shall be deemed to have automatically terminated. Accordingly the hire of any Hire Goods is not covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In such circumstances, the Customer shall return the Hire Goods to the Supplier on the final day of the 3 month Hire Period. If the Customer fails to do this then it shall be liable for any financial loss which this causes the Supplier. Irrespective of the foregoing provisions, if the Hire Period is extended to a period of time which exceeds three months, the Supplier will automatically terminate the Contract at the end of three months and reissue a new Contract on the same terms to the Customer for the extended period. No Hire Period shall ever exceed a three month period.
1. The hirer will satisfy themselves on taking possession of all equipment that it is in good working order and in undamaged condition, with all items and accessories listed on the Delivery Note or Hire Agreement to be present and undamaged.
2. All equipment on hire remains the absolute property of High-Tek Hire Services Ltd
3. The hirer shall have no authority to transfer or otherwise part with possession of the equipment during the period of hire unless the express written consent of High-Tek Hire Services is first obtained.
4.In the event that the hirer intends to take equipment out of the main land of England, Scotland or Wales or use the same for any abnormal or hazardous assignment then consent must first be obtained from High-Tek Hire Services who may at their sole discretion vary the terms of the rental.
Damage or Loss to Equipment Hired:
1. It shall be the absolute responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safe keeping of equipment and the hirer will indemnify High-Tek Hire Services in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused whilst in the hirer’s possession.
2. All damage or loss will be notified to High-Tek Hire Services immediately (or as soon as practicable) following which the goods must be returned to High-Tek Hire Services for repair or replacement should repair be uneconomic.
3. The hirer shall be liable to pay the full cost of repair and / or replacement of any equipment lost or damaged beyond repair with reference to new equipment of the same or nearest available specification.
4. In the event of loss or damage to equipment the period of hire will without further reference to the hirer extend until such time as full reimbursement for the cost of replacement of the lost or damaged equipment has been made whether or not such period extends beyond that of the original rental agreement.
How the Contract will end:
Telling High-Tek Hire Services Ltd - To exercise the right to terminate, the Hirer must inform High-Tek Hire Services by a clear statement via email or post using the information above under “Contact us" on the High-Tek Hire Services website.
Returning Equipment after ending the Contract - If the Hirer ends the Contract for any reason after Equipment has been dispatched or delivered to the Hirer, the Hirer must return it to High-Tek Hire Services or allow High-Tek Hire Services Ltd or the Supplier to collect it. Please contact us using the information above under “Contact us" on the High-Tek Hire Services website.
What High-Tek Hire Services charges for collection - If the Hirer is responsible for the costs of return and the Supplier is collecting the Equipment from the Hirer, High-Tek Hire Services will charge the Hirer the direct cost to High-Tek Hire Services of collection.
1. High-Tek Hire Services shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for losses incurred by the hirer due to faulty or non-functioning equipment during the period of hire. High-Tek Hire Services will however take all steps to ensure that faulty equipment is replaced as soon as possible with either the same or similar equipment.
2. The hirer will indemnify High-Tek Hire Services at all times fully against any liabilities, demands, actions, claims or proceedings arising from or in connection with the equipment hired.
3. In the event that the hirer shall create, use with or in conjunction to any equipment hired any unique or original material or matter High-Tek Hire Services shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the loss, damage or imperfection of any such material and the hirer will fully indemnify High-Tek Hire Services in respect of any such claims by a third party.
1. During the Rental agreement the hirer will pay the rental fee as specified in the Rental Agreement plus V.A.T. In the event of the Rental Agreement specifying a Weekly rate then such rate will be charged to the end of the day on which the equipment is returned if past the confirmed return date.
2. High-Tek Hire Services reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee not exceeding the full rental charge under the Rental Agreement.
3. All fees under the Rental Agreement will be discharged at the time of the hirer returning the equipment or with the specific consent of High-Tek Hire Services up to thirty days after the date of any invoice subsequently issued.
4. High-Tek Hire Services reserve the right to charge at the weekly rate for any late returned equipment.
5. High-Tek Hire Services reserve the right to determine the contract and recover any equipment hired in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation of the hirer.
6. Where the hirer is a body of corporate registered in the United Kingdom High-Tek Hire Services may in their sole discretion require a surety to the Rental Agreement. The surety hereby agrees to indemnify High-Tek Hire Services in respect of all sums due under the Contract of Hire in the event of partial or total default by the Hirer Company.
1. Payment for hire goods ordered shall be made at the time of order unless the customer shall have been granted a credit account. High-Tek Hire Services shall have agreed such facility in writing and the existence of a credit account will be indicated on the hire invoice together with the specific credit period. In the absence of any specific credit period the invoice shall be construed to express a maximum period of thirty days.
2. High-Tek Hire Services reserve the right to add to any overdue balance at the due date an additional sum calculated by reference to 4% per annum above clearing bank base rate for the time being on any outstanding balance accruing on a daily basis.